Private Coaching: The dictionary defines a personal/professional coach as an individual who counsels and encourages clients on matters having to do with careers or life challenges. It is a profession that is uniquely different from consulting, mentoring, therapy, or counseling.
A coach skillfully meets clients where they are and guides them forward, identifying and acting on specific personal and professional goals. Clients may choose to focus on a wide range of topics, including relationships, inter-personal skills, work/life integration, career transitions (such as entering, shifting within, or exiting a career), or life transitions such as empty-nesting, re-entering the workforce, retirement, and much more.
The end goal is greater self-awareness for the client to assist s/he in making the best personal choices. In the coaching conversation we identify what is going on right now, what your obstacles or challenges might be, and choose a course of action to move forward.
Action steps are an important component of coaching. Your coach is an accountability partner to ensure that you do what you say you want to do; and if you don’t, the coach helps you identify and address what is blocking you.
Many coaching clients are healthy, successful people who might feel a bit stuck, or who want to make a significant change in their lives. They want the support of their own personal coach to move out of their head and get into action.
The Wholistic Coaching Coalition is a cadre of coaches with a variety of specialties ranging from personal, executive, financial, health, parenting, and leadership development. Our goal is to help people continually evolve into their best selves through personal and professional development activities and programs.
What can I expect from my coach?
Your coach will:
- Be a partner in bringing out the best, the deepest, and the truest in you
- Provide safety, encouragement and support; an environment in which you can relax and explore
- Respect the confidentiality of the agreements we make
- Expand your view of what is possible and promote discovery of new insights
- Give you input, straight feedback and operate as a sounding board
- Listen carefully to what you say and ask questions that increase awareness
- Be an on-going resource for you in accomplishing your intentions
Are you ready for private coaching?
I’m a candidate for coaching if I’m ready to:
- Cultivate a core honesty with myself
- Commit myself to intentions that are truly meaningful and significant to me
- Be open to a coach’s feedback, and honestly inform the coach as to what is and is not working
- Take ownership for my progress and my accomplishments
- Take financial responsibility for my coaching time.
What coaching is not:
Coaching services are not in any way to be construed as, or a replacement for, psychotherapy, legal counsel, or medical advice.
You are responsible for creating your own decisions and results. You agree not to hold the Wholistic Coaching Coalition, your coach, or any company the coach is affiliated with, liable for any outcomes resulting directly or indirectly from the coaching process.
How does it work?
Coaching sessions are typically one hour in length and delivered by audio or video calls; or in some cases in-person meetings, depending on location. Review the coach bios below and contact the coach of your choice to schedule a complimentary consultation call.
Choose the coach that is right for you
You and in your growth
We believe that you have the capacity, and the inner resources, to approach your current life situation in a way that can transform your ability to have more of what you want, with considerably less effort. We look forward to partnering with you as you develop into more of who you want to be.